Sunday, June 29, 2014

Leather Nova Review


I applied to review Leather Nova products because I used to be avidly into horses. I did horse shows and gymkhanas almost every weekend, so while I no longer have a horse, I still have all the tack and more tack on top of that in my daughter's size. And leather either dries out or gets moldy (depending on environment), so it always has to be maintained. Well, I've been slacking and when I say slacking I mean I've had a child's saddle sitting in my basement and then garage for 10 years collecting dust and mold. The thing with cleaning supplies like saddle soap is they dry up and wither away, so I WAS going to clean them a few years ago, but had nothing to clean them with. So I applied and was accepted to receive and review Leather Nova cleaning products.




Leather Nova sent be 3 codes to purchase their products from Amazon: Leather Cleaner, Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, and Leather Conditioner. When I received the products about a week later I noticed that they were packaged well and even came with their own cleaning item (the Leather Cleaner came with a shammy, the Cleaner/Conditioner came with a sponge, and the Conditioner came with a sponge). The only fault I found, which could be an issue is that the Leather cleaner was leaking from the seam, so I'm either going to put glue over it or switch it to a new bottle.




As you can see from the picture above, my saddle is a hot mess, it's nasty, filthy, and moldy. I sprayed the Leather Cleaner (which is also good for vinyl and plastic, as well as leather) directly onto it and just started wiping it down, all the nasty that was caked on to my saddle just wiped away. When I started getting to the parts that were more difficult to clean, I sprayed the Leather Cleaner onto the shammy and cleaned the finer details more thoroughly.



Once I cleaned the saddle from stirrup to pommel, I wiped it down with the Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (also good for vinyl and plastic, as well as leather). Then for added measure I wiped it down again with the Conditioner, which is more of an oil. The effect was my saddle looking almost new again!


All of these products are easy to use, just wipe down the item to be cleaned (either clean with the leather cleaner or wipe down with a damp soapy cloth to get the gross off), apply either one of the conditioners, let it set for a bit, then buff with a cloth and you have your items looking great again.

I would recommend anyone of these products to anyone, whether you have leather furniture, tack, shoes/boots, leather car seats, motorcycle gear, etc. This product will revive your leather, making it look better and lasting longer.

If you would like to purchase any of these products, use the Amazon Links below.


 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment