This product comes with the spiralizer, a cap, and a cleaning brush. It also came with free gifts that arrived via email after my purchase:
- FREE eBook - Tips and Tricks to Get Your Kid Into Eating Healthy (worth $21)
- FREE eBook - YumYum VEGGIE Slicer Recipes (worth $11)
- FREE Cleaning Brush - Makes it very Easy to Clean
- Risk FREE - We back it up with an 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Why did you want to try the veggie spiralizer?
- Health reasons and to try a new recipe.
- What were your expectations?
- To make veggies into noodles
- Was it easy to figure out how to use the product?
- Yes, but it was difficult to use
- Difficult to move around sweet potato
- Potato got stuck in center
- Hard to hold and turn at the same time
- Would you recommend it?
- No, not very safe to handle. I ended up getting cut during the process.
- My sweet potato may have been too hard, I would suggest using it on a softer vegetable.
Part 2: My Review
I was a little hesitant to use this product after my co-worker's experience, but I had a few potatoes that have been sitting on the side lines for a few weeks that I needed to use up, so I took a deep breath and got to it.
I chose the longest, thinnest potato I had and peeled off the skin. I inserted it into one of the ends (there are 2 usable openings on this, which I find to be over kill, I don't think there's any difference in the two sides), gripped the metal center, and started twisting the potato. It must have been because it was a softer vegetable, but it worked perfectly, well it didn't really spiral it, but it made long thin slices of potatoes.
When it got to the point where I couldn't turn the potato any longer I cut the top of it off, so it was flat and put the cap on top of it (the cap has sharp points to grip the vegetable you're slicing). When everything was settled, I started turning the cap itself and once again it worked perfect. I got through about 3/4 of the potato before it wouldn't cut anymore. See picture below.
A pan full of thinly sliced potatoes, some VERY long (length of my arm long). Since I didn't have a recipe for them or anything, I just lightly salted them and stuck them in the oven and made hash browns.
Would I recommend the Veggie Spiral Slicer?
Yes, as long as you're aware that some of the parts are VERY sharp, and that you need to use softer type vegetables for better results.
I received this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review