Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ozeri Scale Review

 
As some of you may know from reading my plus sized costume review, I'm heavier set and while I HATE weighing myself, I'm drawn to a bathroom scale like a fat kid to cake (ok fine me to a cake). My current bathroom scale is actually probably an antique (see picture below) and because of this the calibration (weight accuracy), is off. I have to ADD 6 lbs to it, so it gives me a somewhat accurate weight, really how depressing is that!? Taking this into consideration, I was beyond excited to get a chance to review the new Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale (440 LBS Edition).



The Ozeri Scale is super easy to set up all you have to do is pop in 4 AAA batteries, place it on a hard flat surface (do not use it on a carpet) and it's ready to go, best part is it automatically calibrates if you move it, so it will always be accurate! It comes with a tiny 3 page pamphlet, that I suggest you read, it has information in it that you should know, like:

"Store your scale in a clean, dry location at room temperature. Dust, dirt and moisture from humidity can accumulate on the weighing sensors and electronics, causing inaccuracy or malfunction."
 
This being said, I came to the conclusion that although this is a "Bathroom scale," using it in a bathroom where there is a shower/tub is probably not the best idea.


Once you're ready to use it: step on the scale, it will automatically turn on and after a few seconds your weight will appear. I noticed on my scale that when I looked down and tried to read my weight it looked all funky and I couldn't read the numbers until I stepped down and they showed up crystal clear on the bright blue LCD screen (keep that in mind when you go to weigh yourself because I totally thought mine was broken when I first used it). If a C shows up after you weigh yourself, disregard that first reading and weigh yourself again because C means it's calibrating. When you're done with the scale, there is no OFF button, the scale will automatically turn off after 10 seconds of non use.

I LOVE this scale, it's so sleek with it's thin glass design and extremely accurate, to where it rounds up to the nearest 100g and tells you your weight within .2 lbs (like 147.6 lbs)! I find it fun to weigh myself at night and then again in the morning to see how much weight I lost over night or weigh myself before and after I'm dressed to see how much my clothes weigh, it's like a high tech toy for me.

Here is some additional information:

  • New scale uses 4 high precision GX sensors that weigh up to 440 pounds (200 kilograms) in 0.2lb or 0.1kg increments.
  • Object being weighed has to weigh more then 13.2 lbs for it to turn on or give an accurate weight
  • Features a new wide screen LCD with xBright technology provides immediate and easy to read results.
  • StepOn technology captures the precise weight measurements upon contact.
  • Award-winning design features an over sized platform made of impact-resistant tempered glass, with a convenient unit Button to switch between lbs, kgs, and st.
  • Auto-calibrated and automatically turns off to conserve battery life. Runs on 4 AAA batteries for better performance (batteries included).
So, if you are in the market for a new scale, I very highly recommend getting an Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale, they are magnificent! You can find them on Amazon.com right now for $26.95 with FREE Super Saver shipping!

Find Ozeri on Facebook!

I was given the opportunity to review an Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale free of charge, in no way did this influence my view/opinion on this company or product.

No comments:

Post a Comment