Friday, April 19, 2013

Terra Vonnel and the Skulls of Aries Review


Terra Vonnel and the Skulls of Aries 
Review

I found Terra Vonnel and the Skulls of Aries to be a very quick read. It's 110 pages long and I finished it in less then 40 minutes. Not only is it a quick read because of the shortness in length, but also because of the story line. It's fast paced with zero time frame, as far as I know the entire adventure happened in a day.

The main character is Terra Vonnel a 17 year old female pirate, who's in search of the Skulls of Aries, which will unlock a treasure that not only has the potential to change her future, but more importantly her past.

There is violence, but very little gore. I assume the target audience to be 6th-8th graders and while this book is written for a much younger audience, I believe that the author, D.C. Ackers, could fill the book in with more detail and easily make this into a book for young adults; right now it has enough detail in it to where a person won't get lost and can easily understand the entire plot, without having to go back and re-read anything. To me this felt like more of a synopsis/summary of a book to come.

In all, it was well written (I only found a few minor grammatical mistakes) and would be a great read for a young reader who loves an action packed adventure.


You can find Terra Vonnel and the Skulls of Aries in paperback format for $4.89 or on Kindle for .99

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment