Sunday, May 11, 2014

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo Review


Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.  

I applied to review Adovia's Dead Sea Mud Shampoo because I'm always interested in trying new products and it's so hard for me to find a good shampoo. I have fine/thick hair; (yeah I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron, but that's what the hair dressers say about it), I'm prone to copious amounts of fly-aways, my hair LOVES to become static-y, and I HAVE to wash it daily (some people are lucky enough to skip a day) because in less then 24 hours my hair looks greasy. To alleviate any or all of my hair issues, I'm always on the look out for a miracle, so of course I was willing to try the Adovia brand when it came up.



Official blurb:

Adovia's Dead Sea Mud Shampoo is specially formulated with natural ingredients such as Dead Sea Mud, Chamomile & Olive Oil to bring deep hydration and moisture to the scalp, relieving itching and flakiness. Dead Sea Mud has been known for centuries for it's healing properties and people travel from all over the world to come and experience it's effects at the Dead Sea. Dead Sea Salts and Mud have been featured on CNN, in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Dead Sea Mud contains the highest concentration of minerals found in mud anywhere in the world. Finally the benefits of Dead Sea mud and salt are presented to you in shampoo form! These minerals are all essential for proper skin function and help to regulate moisture retention as well as hydration. You complete satisfaction is guaranteed.

Benefits of the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo:
  • Helps Relieve Itching from Dry, Flaky Scalp & Dandruff
  • Helps Relieve Symptoms of Scalp Psoriasis & Seborrhea Dermatitis
  • Made with Pure & Natural Dead Sea Mud for an Infusion of Essential Minerals into Scalp & Hair
  • Also Contains Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Vitamin E & Chamomile for a Natural Formula that gets results.
My Opinion:
When I opened up the package containing my new shampoo, I was a bit scared. The shampoo looked like liquid charcoal and I had to brace myself when I took a whiff, thinking I was going to be smelling remnants of the Bubonic Plague, but I was so happy to find looks are deceiving with this product.


I found that when using the Dead Sea Mud Shampoo, it lathers up well and has a very pleasant light scent. I knew the scent was floral, but couldn't place it, so I asked a co-worker to smell my hair (don't worry I told her not to think I was weird first) and she said it smelled like apple blossoms, and me being my awesome self had to clarify that apple blossom was indeed floral (I had to double check because it had a fruit and flower name in it, I have special moments).

So, all day I went around getting slight scents of apple blossom, which is great because I think I forgot deodorant that day, but it wasn't so heavy that I was gagging or offending anyone's noses with my shampoo (or B.O.).

The next day I used it, I noticed that my hair looked shinier and felt softer. After using it for a week the results remained the same, but alas, this is not the perfect shampoo for me, even though I wish it were. This shampoo doesn't like my fine hair, within a few hours my hair becomes static, not overly so, but still enough to curse at my hair (I've honestly only found 1 type of shampoo that hasn't made my hair static).

Would I recommend Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo?:

I would recommend this shampoo, just because it doesn't work perfectly for me, doesn't mean it won't for someone else. I really did enjoy using this shampoo, the scent was pleasant, I don't believe my scalp was as itchy, and I had a softer, shinier mane...er hair, sorry I had a horse show flashback. It's definitely one of the nicer shampoos I've used.

And while I don't personally suffer from Scalp Psoriasis & Seborrhea Dermatitis, I did read some of the reviews on Amazon and this shampoo does seem to work for people, it doesn't have less then a 4 star rating.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment